1. Last week, TruTV was shooting an episode of a new show called “Bar Swap” at Holy Frijoles. This is one of my go-to places when I am craving Mexican food in Baltimore. Their chips, their margaritas, their quesadillas… I’m getting hungry right now!
2. If you are looking for a gift for a friend, look no further! Head to In Watermelon Sugar. A staple on “The Ave” in Hampden. You can find luxury bath products, handmade jewelry, and awesome wrapping paper. You may even leave with something for your own home.
3. One of the first things I noticed when I first visited The Wine Source was the option of grabbing a shopping cart. You know they are serious about their wine when you might need a shopping cart. Although TWS is about more than just wine, you can buy artisanal cheeses from their official Cheesemongers …
4. During this past Throw Back Thursday, I featured a photo of my precious dog up on my old roof top deck in Canton. One of my favorite things about living in Baltimore is the availability of the Roof Top Deck. (RTD’s if you will…) Each one provides unique view of the city and an outdoor space to appreciate urban life from a new perspective.
5. Many of my favorite bars and restaurants often feature “House Rules.” At Townhouse, in Harbor East, you must remember that “Life’s Short. Drink good wine.” In which I did, despite there being an amazing array of beers on tap.
6. One of the best parts of the new Canton Crossing (besides Target) is the new Samos Greek Island Grill. It has all the things you loved about the original Samos (amazing food at great prices), but fast! Here is a photo of my Grilled Chicken Pita Wrap. I could survive on tzatziki sauce if need be.
7. Last year, Full Tilt Brewing partnered with DeBaufre Bakery to produce a Berger Cookie Chocolate Stout. Can it get any more Baltimore than that? Best when served with an actual Berger Cookie.
8. I will continue to the drinking local theme by partaking in a Tell Tell Heart IPA. Brewed a mere 6 minutes from my home, there was no better way to cheers to Edgar Allen Poe’s birthday than with this beer.
Be sure to come back next week for more of my favorite things about Baltimore! Want more now? Check me out on Instagram: BSinBMORE