It is already the first of April? When did that happen? TODAY, it happened today. Prepare yourself with the following events happening around Baltimore this month:
- Guess what? Baseball is back! Specifically Oriole’s Baseball in this lovely town of Baltimore. If you are headed to a game this month, you have plenty of pre-game options. Your typical standbys are Pickles, Sliders, Cross Street Market and Mother’s. If you are looking to avoid the crowd or try something new, I would recommend the Pratt Street Ale House or Alewife. Meanwhile, in the stadium, they have upped their game this year, bringing in new Flying Dog and Union Craft Brews. Flying Dog even has a mobile friendly map so you can find their beer in the stadium. You’ll be safe if you hit up Dempsey’s Brew Pub, the Roof Deck or the Free State Pub (all inside the stadium).
- This Saturday, April 5th, Bmore Flea is back with an outdoor flea market at Penn Station from 10-4PM. This aint your mama’s flea market. There is a bar, there are food trucks, and plenty of great vendors.
- Guess what else is back this week? The Baltimore Farmer’s Market and Bazaar! Back for their 37th season under the JFX. It is a wonderful place full of fresh produce, breakfast foods, coffee, flowers, jewelry, live music and more. I hope to get a table a few Sundays this year to sell my photography, I’ll keep you posted!
- Keep your weekend rolling with a Whiskey Class at Birroteca on Sunday at 1PM. $35 gets you a tasting and class about the history of American Whiskey. $45 will get you that PLUS lunch, in which Birroteca never disappoints.
- Don’t know the difference between a Pirate and a Privateer? Me neither, but you can head on down to the Fells Point Privateer Festival to get hands on learning. From the 11th through the 13th, you can participate in live battle reenactments, ship tours, cruises, bar crawls, and more.
- Maybe you have a refund to burn through or just need a drink after what just happened, celebrate the coming and going of Tax Day with an extended happy hour (til close) at RA or an official “Drink away tax day” at Birroteca featuring $5 craft beer drafts all night.
- Enjoy a special screening of the new Brewmore Baltimore documentary at the Heavy Seas brewery on April 19th, first pint of beer included in the ticket price!
- Do you like food? I mean, do you really like food? Then you cannot miss the EmporiYUM, a 2 day celebration of fine food and beer from local artisans in the area. This festival will run April 26th and 27th on the Thames Street Pier in Fells Point. Looks like Saturday is already sold out, so don’t miss tickets for Sunday!
- And since Saturday’s tickets for the EmporiYUM are already sold out, then you have more time to spend at the Maryland Bacon Festival at Rash Field on April 26th. Bacon bacon bacon. Bacon.
- And if bacon is not your thing (who are you? Why are you reading my blog?)… Then you must check out the Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival on April 26th at Druid Hill Park, complete with a late night show at the 8×10.