Before we start thinking about resolutions and 2016, let’s talk how you are going to see 2015 out. While many may argue that New Year’s Eve is a very overrated night, I am never one to pass up an opportunity to dress up and drink champagne. I’ve gathered up a few ideas for how to ring in the New Year in Baltimore:
- Rock in the New Year at the Wonderland Ball, hosted by Union Brewery and Baltimore Soundstage. You can enjoy 2 sets of Cris Jacobs Band, Bawdy Shop Burlesque, a Pixelated Photobooth and a food truck court. You even have options on whether to buy the $25 GA ticket or $50 open bar ticket for those concerned about ticket prices.
- Cheers to 2016 at the new City Garage in Port Covington. It is hosted by Baltimore Social, which means there will be a free arcade and skeeball tournament in addition to a brass band, DJs, an open bar, buffet and more.
- If you haven’t been to the Mobtown Ballroom before, I have a feeling this will be the party of the year for them (which says a lot). They are hosting their first-ever New Year’s Eve party featuring the soul & R&B sounds of Bosley.
- Head over to the Yellow Sign Theater’s Third Annual Gong Show for a night of music, comedy, monkeys, burlesque and quote “general weirdness”. Yes. Not only is it FREE, but the show will end just before midnight, giving you enough time to duck next door to Club Chuck to make a toast to 2016.
- If you consider yourself a karaoke connoisseur, the Metro Gallery New Year’s Eve Karaoke event is where you need to be. Each hour will have a different karaoke theme with prizes to the top singer.
- If food is more your thing, snag yourself one of 12 exclusive tickets to dine in the Food Market’s private kitchen. We’re talking oysters on the half shell and gingerbread tres leches.
- Then head over to 34th street as everyone gathers to countdown to midnight. One of the neighbors creates a homemade ball drop on a lamp post and another runs around in a diaper. Only in Hampden. BYOC[hampagne].
- For one of the best views of the fireworks downtown, head over to Little Havana. Enjoy an open bar, appetizers, dinner buffet, and wait for it… a continental breakfast after midnight. Forget the champagne, pass me the bacon.
- If all you really want is to get your groove on, one of the best dance parties in Baltimore, Save Your Soul, is taking on the New Year at the Wind Up Space.
Stay safe, stay weird. Happy New Year, Bmore!