Who else is heading to the beach this weekend? Ocean City, of course. Two years ago, I wrote a blog post about my favorite spots to visit while there.
This year, I have compiled a bucket list for this summer. Some are new, some are repeats, check it out:
- Fish Tales – get there early, nab a hammock or adirondack chair, and sip on an ice cold beverage while the sunsets.
- Old Pro Mini Golf – You know how people always think it is impossible to get the hole-in-one at the end and win a free game? It isn’t. I did it. I’ll do it again.
- Fractured Prune – I doughnut know what a weekend to OC would be without this place.
- Kayaking – a peaceful morning paddle to help balance your weekend out.
- Backshore Brewing – still one of my all time favs. It’s a chill spot complete with boardwalk people watching.
- Hooked – a nice change of pace from many OC restaurants. Also has a cute little outdoor bar if you are looking to keep it more casual.
- Barn 34 for brunch – haven’t been yet, but that’s what this list is for, right?!
- Thrasher’s or Boardwalk Fries – or BOTH – give me all the fries, topped with all the vinegar and all the Old Bay.
- Yoga on the Beach – I love me some yoga, but then you put it on the beach… yes please.
- Liquid Assets – you run in to restock your beach house bar, you get distracted with some cheese and charcuterie boards, and before you know it, you’re hanging out at the bar, feasting on some shrimp and grits. It happens. Embrace it.
- Macky’s – what is a Maryland summer without a bucket of Orange Crush and as many bros as the eye can see?
- De Lazy Lizard – the open air tiki bar on the bay is refreshing. For the young parents out there, there is a huge playground for the kids.
- And if I am temporarily missing Baltimore – Ropewalk or Abbey Burger should help ease the pain.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend and enjoy your summer downy oshun, hon.